Information we collect
Personally Identifiable Information or "PII":
We may collect and store information that is considered PII, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, company name, access keys, API tokens, cookies and credit card details, in order for us to provide our Services.
What personal information we collect
- When you register for our services, we collect a variety of information including your name, address, company name, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
- When you share reports or invite other people to access your Bitcanopy account, we may collect information about those people such as their names, and email addresses.
- When you register cloud accounts that you want us to retrieve data from, we collect a variety of information about those accounts including the name of the account holder, company name, user name, access keys, and passwords.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you informed about Bitcanopy's latest products, updates, and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" links contained in any of our email communications.
- We use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services and content. And, it is also used for fraud prevention.
- From time to time we may use your personal information to send you important notices about changes in our terms of service and policies.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products.
- If you enter into any of our promotions or contests, we will use personal information to administer those programs.
Collection and use of non-personal information
- We also collect data in a form that, on its own, does not allow us to identify or contact a specific individual or account holder. We may use transfer or disclose non-personality identifiable for any purpose. The following are examples of non- personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- When you visit our websites, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as web browser type, Internet protocol address, language, location, time zone, unique device/browser identifier, and URLs requested so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and content.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and user data
Our website uses session, informational, tracking cookies to provide services to end users. They will typically store information in the form of a session identification, preference selection, history of actions and other similar actions that do not personally identify any User.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites. Note, however, that if you disable cookies, then either full or some/certain portions of the services might not work as intended.
We may use User's data and other statistics about the behavior of the visitors to the Website and the Services to improve the Services and to better understand how the visitors use the Website and the Services. We may also generate reports for certain metrics, including, but not limited to, reports that are broken down by industry. The use of such Browsing Data will be anonymized and aggregated.
We process PII on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your PII on a server located outside the country in which you live.
We store data provided by you through the use of our Website and our Services in order to provide you with our Services. However, upon cancellation of your subscription to our Service (as more fully described in ourTerms and Conditions), we will delete your stored data within 90 days of your date of cancellation.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access, disclosure, and destruction of information we gather and hold. We restrict PII access to Company employees, contractors, and agents who need this information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
This Website uses Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") to ensure secure transmission of your data, which may include PII. You should be able to see the padlock symbol in the status bar on the bottom right hand corner of the browser window. The url address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted or scrambled and then decrypted or unscrambled at the receiving end. This will ascertain that data cannot be read during transmission.
However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to PII despite our best efforts. Users and visitors of our Website and Service should understand that your information may be transmitted through third party infrastructure that is not under our control.
Your rights to access and update your information
You may exercise your right to access the data held about you by this Company by submitting your request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your information updated, you are kindly requested to inform us of any change referring to the personal data held by the Company. In any case, if you consider that certain information about you is inaccurate, you may request to rectify the incorrect data. You also have the right to request the blocking or erasure of data which has been processed unlawfully.
Third party privacy policies
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Product / Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Product / Service.